Saturday, November 14, 2009

More Favorite Things....


La Loma in Quezon City is not just known for the cemetery but for its La Loma Lechon. The jeepneys plying the route of Dimasalang going to Quiapo or Central Market usually pass by La Loma and this picture is a site to behold. Ginagarak nga pasyaren daytoy nga lugar ta kayat ko makakita itti lechon nga kalutluto. The skin was gleaming and shiny with parts of it cracked and obviously very crispy. The monoxide emitted by the jeeps together with the dust and the rest of the foreign bodies and things did not deter the buyers of the lechon. I will have my fill of this hog in due time.

Next filling station was a small resto at SM (what's a trip to the Phil. without a visit(s) to SM Shoemart - we've got it all) called Razon's. They pride themselves with the magic touch of a Kapangpangan on food.

The pancit luglug served did not fail me - or maybe I was just really hungry for the pancit. The taste brought me back to the childhood birthday parties that I usually attend. The hostess always made sure that malutong ang chicharon for topping and the shrimps were not overly cooked. Last, the ever loyal halo-halo. This halo-halo specifically failed me on expectations rating. It indeed had the leche flan but it did not have any ube. Besides, walang pinipig and the other "sahogs" were not very colorful as I want my halo-halo mix to be. I know where to go for the real halo-halo next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment