Friday, November 6, 2009

Manila..Manila

Imade the very tiring trip to Manila last Tuesday to be with my family for Mama's 80th celebration. It was a protracted surprise - too arduous to explain but i will try later on.
At any rate I took the early AM flight from St. Louis to LAX. Believe or not naka-first class ako (salamat Ramil). Iba talaga kung malambot ang upuan & masarap ang pagkain. I was on standby first class from LAX to Narita. Pero if luck is on your side talaga naman. I did have a first class seat for the long haul.
Tutuo yong sinasabi na maluwag ang mga seats & these are all reclinable all the way para makatulog. My back was very comfortable most part of the way & I didn't have any difficulty with my knees positioned.
Masarap ang pagkain, masarap ang malamig na Bloody Mary & the champaigne was bubbly. Papa would have been so glad to sit in first class if only for these spirits.
The ride from Tokyo to MLA was mediocre. Nang magbukas ang pintuan upon arrival, the damp air was mixed with the "burak" smell together with the diesel filtered through my nose.
Customs and Immigration were no issues. I sailed through with no difficulty - no Merry Christmas greetings. While I waited down the waiting area - napakaraming mga tao waiting for their loved ones - I observed with enthusiasm the Pinoy practises we have been used to. Amin nga ka-kab-balay ket addda idiay airport nga sumabet. Mano ngata nga sigarilyo ken M&M candies itti mai-padawat kanya da?
The Jolibee billboard was beckoning with its picture of halo-halo right smack in my face. I was making my mental agenda on the following menu that I am ready to dig in.
Saan ak pay nga makaturog but I am beginning to feel tired.
Welcome home...


1 comment:

  1. Ngarud Manang Tess,

    Agkitta tayo no 12 November. Please text me so i will get your number...it would really be such a wonderful reunion with a dear friend from way back 1982 FLP Class 9.

    Saro

    ReplyDelete