Thursday, January 8, 2009

26th and Counting

These pictures were taken exactly 26 years ago - January 8, 1983. That seemed like ..sabi ni Tiya Dely , " kahapon lamang" sabi rin ni Florante, parang kailan lang.
I still remember the events prior to the big day. Jim and I planned the whole affair. The initial set-up was to hold the ceremony at the Church of The Risen Lord at UP. Since he goes to the taga-bassit church (Aglipayan Church at Agno) and I go to the big church (Catholic Church) we agreed to have an ecumenical wedding.
Madi ni Papa ken Mama. So we requested Fr. John Pernia, his brother in law and the chaplain at the Camp Aguinaldo Church, to be our celebrant. Linakad na tapno awan bayadan mi idiay simba-an ken discounted amin nga gastusen mi. Talagang nagtipid kami to the max since we have a shoestring budget.

In lieu of gifts, we requested for moolah. An auntie and uncle gave us a weekend at the Philippine Plaza while another uncle and auntie gave us a weekend at Banaue. I had one bridesmaid (my sister) and one flower girl (my cousin Elza).
Our reception was very tame and we really counted "heads" (read the invitees). My parents were not very enthused with the idea of limiting the guests. No ni Papa itti masurot, maimbitaran amin nga taga-Laud ken taga-Daya. I had my way this time.
A friend offered his services to be our photographer while a cousin served as video man.
It was an orchestrated family affair. It could have easily gotten out of hand (goodness considering how big Jim's family is and how extended my family was). Siguro nasisiya-at no idiay Agno laengen itti daya. Mabalin nga buluden dagiti tugaw idiay High School ta ikabil idiay Eskina. Maimbitaran amin nga mayat umigop itti napudot nga sabaw.





No comments:

Post a Comment