Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Meet Auntie Concesa


Auntie Concesa with Edward (middle) Marissa (right) Me (Left)
She is the youngest among the Eduardo Rosete children - that makes her my mother's youngest sister. Auntie Concesa was our ever loyal baby sitter when we were in Burgos.
She was a beauty (until now actually) in her younger days. Siguro talaga nga puli itti Rosete ti napipintas (wen sika, then chuckle like a turkey again).

She would patiently watch over the three of us - Edward, Marissa and I. I remember her more clearly when she used to live with us at Proj. 7. When she started to go to college in Manila (immay immudong naggapo Burgos) she stayed with us. Since Mama was working the nightshift, she would handily watch over the children.
There were weekends when we would have the opportunity to watch the movies at Quiapo. Ket kasanno met, ubing is ubing. Adda al-alikuteg latta nga makuna. Ay kabsat - naglaing nga mang-keddel ni Auntie. Her fine motor capabilities and dexterity of her fingers were without doubt very precise.
As I look back, I really can't blame her. The responsibilities given to her were immense. Tal-lo nga ubbing nga bantayan is definitely a chore.
She married Uncle Boy Torres who is a physician. I was on my last trimester with my older son when Papa, Mama & Jim brought me to him for examination. He was a lot nicer (okay Auntie - I got even with you).
I recently saw her in our Rosete reunion. Ma-amak ak nga luk-wen isso na baka ked-delen nak met (HomeRun Auntie).


No comments:

Post a Comment