Wednesday, March 31, 2010

High School Life

I graduated from Maryknoll College High School 1973. Some classmates went on to the UP, some stayed as Maryknollers in College, some crossed the line to Assumption and others migrated to the US.
I continued to hang around with the guys who went to UP. I lost touch with some if not all of the other Maryknollers. Worst part - when I went to UP Manila, I totally lost touch with most of my high school batchmates.
It's not that there was no common bond that binds us - maraming double bond, single bond electrovalent bond kaming natutunan sa high school. I remembered how one classmate insisted in our Physics class that this certain electron was stable - bakit nga.. ewan ko.
We learned to appreciate certains characters from Shylock of Merchant of Venice, Quiroga of El Filibusterismo (o baka Noli Mi Tangere) and the GodFather of Mario Puzo.
The retreats at Cenacle or out of town places were supposed to be soul-searching moments. Indeed these were eventually at the end phase of the exercise. Mas nauna ang mga "happenings" namin.
Well, we all grew older and wiser. We traveled different roads. Pero there is always a time to go back to one's roots - reminisce.
I probably missed a lot of reunions. There will be more. We will all have the opportunity to catch up and take our selves back in time.
Below are two pictures scanned by a co-Maryknoller to share to all of us. True to the Maryknoll song -
.....whereever you are, whereever you be
faithful always be to thee



My Graduation Picture


My Freshman Class Picture

No comments:

Post a Comment