Saturday, January 16, 2010

Agpalaran....

T his longganisa thing in me just will not go away. Jim & I will "agpalaran" and venture out into longganisa Alaminos making this weekend.

I chanced upon this recipe of the famous longganisa Alaminos from the www.alaminoscity.gov.ph website. I would consider this as a very reliable source - no mabalin la kuma nga saludsuden kenni Aling Charing, dayti suki ni Mama idiay palengke.
Awan met itti pork casings nga makita idiay Walmart so I ordered collagen casings ( salamat uli Ramil )at Amazon.com for pork casings substitute.

Longganisa Alaminos Recipe

Basic ingredients:
¾ k ground lean pork, ¼ k pork fat, 4 tbsp. sugar, 2tbsp. coarse salt, 2 tsp. ground black pepper, 2 tbsp. vinegar, ¼ tsp. salitre, ½ tbsp. soy sauce, 2 tsp. garlic (chopped), 1 tbsp. rum, atsuete or food coloring Pork casings

1. Mix all ingredients and refrigerate for 5 days.
2. Stuff mixture in pork casings. Tie with strings to desired length.
3. Hang to dry.


We will follow this recipe down to the last tuldok. I will update in five days no ag-angot longganisa Alaminos sen.

Agpalaran ..baka mabalin nga kastoy itti pagbanagan na....




No comments:

Post a Comment