Monday, November 30, 2009

Travelogue - Roxas Blvd. Mabini, Luneta

B inabaybay ko ngayon ang Roxas Blvd. I was not too quick to get a picture of Luneta but here is a glance of Luneta park together with my male model in puruntong pants. Notice the trees and the environs. Malinis at well maintained.

I am close to the U. S. Embassy to my (R) and the Savory Chicken/ Maxim's Restaurant to the (L). This is still noontime and note the traffic at Roxas Blvd - hindi humuhupa.

We went through Mabini St. Nadaanan ko ang Padre Faura where PGH is. Other buildings here are PAL and Foreign Affairs bldg. Lalong sumikip ang mga daan for dito tinayo ang Robinson's at hindi magkamayaw ang mga taong labas-pasok sa department store. Padre Faura was very busy then during my time but it just looks so different now. I missed the old Ateneo Chapel which sits right beside the Dentistry building of UP.


This is Mabini proper. Walang nabago - makasalanan pa rin. Puno talaga tayo ng irony. Sa kalagitnaan ng Mabini ay nakatayo ang isa sa mga magagandang lumang simbahan. Siguro pagkatapos magkasala, tatakbo sa simbahan para humingi ng patawad at awa. I remember this area too for this was one of our favorite hangouts - Hobbit House, My Father's Moustache, Pension Filipina (this was a bar mind you).

Too bad I can not get off & eat at the Aristocrat. This restaurant served the best & cheapest pork bar-b-que with javanese rice then. Masarap din ang halo-halo nila dito. The traffic just is so bad; besides, napakatindi ng init nakakainis lumabas ng sasakyan. Because of these mundane excuses, I have to pass up some more gastronomic delights.



I took a picture of this jeep in front of me. Ganyan kalapit ang mga sasakyan sa gitna ng traffic; parang ga-buhok lamang ang layo ng mga ito sa bawat isa. And they have the nerve to ask me HOW IS THEIR DRIVING?

Let me end my travelogue for this night at this intersection. Manila could not get much nicer than this. The famed Manila Bay view close to the Army-Navy Club. I did not check how clean Manila Bay is. I'd rather have that mental image of the 1970's Manila Bay.


Hinahanap hanap kita Manila

Ang ingay mong kay sarap sa tenga

Mga jeepney mong nagliliparan

Mga babae mong naggagandahan

Take me back in your arms Manila

And promise me you'll never let go


1 comment: