Thursday, November 27, 2008

Piyesta Eskina



I look forward to the Piyesta Eskina. Such a celebration wherein the culmination is a baile infront of the Eskina abode. The ancestral home then had big sliding capiz windows. My cousins and I positioned ourselves right by those windows and we have a direct view of the baile - kasla balcony ngarud itti view mi.
Right across the home was the Nilo house. Mabalin nga agbuybuya met da Elmo ken Abel. Knowing Elmo maka-ba-baile met iso na. I have attached one of the favorite songs played during those bailes - mabalin nga agduron-duron kapet-kapet isso da balasang ken baro.
As always, the wooden seats from the highschool were borrowed for the dance. This time, no fees were collected for participating in the baile. Addo itti umay umudong; naka-trubenize dagiti baro ken naka-pustura dagiti balasang.
I did participate in those dances too when I was a teen-ager. No - the Electromaniacs by then was not the rage anymore. How about "Joy To The World" by the Three Dog Night and Colour My World by the Chicago Band.
I was a Manilena visiting for the summer. I did have my fair share of "Agno baros" nga umay makisala.
Baile in the middle of the street with bright lights to boot? Whatever happened to the disco blacklights then? Kasanno nayen no itti umay mang-kurtesya kanyak ket nabartek wenno saan nga nag-digos or nag-gisigis? That was the farthest from my mind then for I have these male cousins - Bongkil, Native, Sitong, Kiloy - my knights in shining armor- who will save me. Kunak ngarud, I grew up surrounded by cousins who looked after me.
I have not seen them for quite some time. We all have grown up and old. We have taken different roads. One thing is clear though - we still carry the name SISON.
Maipakaammo:
The title of the songs you have just listened to are " I Miss You So" and "Faithful Love" by the Electromaniacs (Jose Mari's old band then). I have updated two other songs you might also enjoy. Please peruse No Duaduaem Pay blog entry and listen to my favorite Ilocano song next to Old Sabangan Beach. Another song I've updated is Dios Te Salve on the Dios Te Salve blog entry. Sapay kuma nga magustuan yo dagitoy nga tugtug. Makaawis latta maibsan itti liw-liwa.
Disclaimer: These songs were all before my time (hehehe). I just know how to appreciate good stuff. Old music is just like vintage wine. The older the smoother the taste (excuses, excuses, excuses).

No comments:

Post a Comment