Thursday, October 30, 2008

Istorya

Nagado iti istorya nga mabalin nga pag-sasaritaan - be it true or just plain story telling a lie. All these stories revolve around characters or situations that left a good mark or otherwise in our own psyche. Maimas ko nga lumagip even if there were times I'd rather not.

Agno is in the midst of a turmoil right now. It is a little town who would want to be. It has its own windmills to slay and numerous Sancho Panzas to carry these out.
I strongly believe that for any undertaking to happen and to succeed, one has got to make difficult choices. One has got to make a stand.
Saan nga mabalin nga agtugaw latta idiay bakod and be a fence sitter ag-uray iti naturay nga Sancho Panza. I keep going back to my fond memories of Agno since it reminds me of a past rich in tradition and family. Agno was able to produce numerous success stories as far as its children are concerned. Saan nga maawanan iti nalalaing be it in technology or the academe. But I keep thinking why the feeling of despair & failure? Could it be the threshold of utmost uselessness has not been crossed yet to eventually accept an alternative instead of maintaining the status quo. This is the beauty of the blog; mabalin iti to think aloud and be mentally vocal (hehehe). If I were still a college student, I will surely be reprimanded by my father. I still remember what he said on my senior year - screw up and not graduate & you're screwed for the rest of your life. Narigat kuna na - awan iti pag-bal-balinam no sa-o ka la nga sa-o. That's the Sison in him.
And I go back to my main idea - amin nga malaglagip tayo ket adda latta iti pinag-bal-balinan - be it for the better or for the worst. What is important is we remember - we remember to learn from them - learn to slay our own windmills just like Sancho Panza.

No comments:

Post a Comment