Thursday, October 30, 2008

Agno High School

The high school building in Agno sits at the heart of Eskina Laud. The ancestral home is just a skip and a hop away. Uncle Mente (Clemente) was once a Principal and a teacher in the school. He used to teach Physics - a course I barely passed when I was at the UP.

My mother told us that Papa was a student of Uncle Mente. Mabalin ngata nga nakaruwar ni papa without sweating a bucket of effort? According to the stories then, indeed papa was a student of Uncle Mente - ngem "there are no ka-kabsat here" kuna na kano. I am sure Uncle Mente meant every word he said. The question was - which will prevail? Papa was the youngest boy - you think tatay will not intercede?
However, I need to give my father due recognition. He was alot smarter than perceived especially in numbers - mathematics, algebra, name it. Nalalaing pay ngem ni Erich iti arithmetic.

No comments:

Post a Comment